Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today's events

There were three things on my calendar for today.

First was the service at Church of the Restoration, still troubled by its members inability to get along with one another. The sermon this morning was delivered by a lady who is a public school teacher nearing retirement. The subject of her talk was Martin Luther King. She had a rare videotape of Dr. King speaking to a group of students. Attendance was low again this Sunday.

The second event I attended was the monthly meeting of the Humanist Association of Tulsa. There were 15 present for this meeting. Being the treasurer of HAT, I collected dues for 2009. Previously, 15 had paid. Today I collected dues from ten more, bringing our total for this year up to 25 now.

Finally, this evening I had dinner at Bodean’s Seafood Restaurant. The dinner was in honor of Howard Kelley. Howard is a former member of HAT who died at the age of 90 last year. Bodean’s is a pricey restaurant with entrees going from $20 to $45 apiece. I ate a bowl of clam chowder and kept my check below $10.

No comments: