Sunday, August 19, 2012

Torrential downpour

We have gone some two months with very little rain.  Wildfires destroyed some 1,600 structures in the state this summer.  Coming out of church this afternoon, it was raining so hard visibility was severely limited.  At times, I had to drive slowly.  We have been in a drought and probably still are since the rain lasted only a short period of time.

I had a full day today what with R. E. at 10, then the service at 11, lunch at church at 12:30, then the HAT meeting at 1.  At the HAT meeting I proposed we start a Progressive Book Club with Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States as the first selection.  Several members showed support for the idea.  When Vanessa returns from Europe, I will set up a time for the initial meeting.

Last Friday, J and I went to AMC20 theaters in Tulsa and saw a movie featuring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones.  Hope Springs is the title.  Seeing the movie came up rather quickly.  We had not talked about it.  J just said we are going.  So we went.

After the movie we went to Red Lobster where I had the endless shrimp.  I did not go overboard with eating.  I have lost 15 pounds over the summer, and I don't want to gain it back.

No comments: