Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Daily routine

I thought I might say something about my daily routine in this post.

I usually get up between 6:00 am and 9:30 am. I sleep fairly well at night, usually going to bed around midnight.

One of the first things I do in the morning is take my synthroid pill. This pill (synthetic throid) supplements my thyroid glands which do not produce a sufficient amount of thyroid for my body.

Next I go to the kitchen to find something to eat. This morning I had a cup of hot chocolate and a fiber bar. I also ate a cup of yogurt. Some mornings I drink orange juice instead of hot chocolate. Occasionally, I have scrambled eggs and sausage, but more often than not, I just eat a fiber bar.

Next I read the newspaper if it's a Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Those are the only days we get the Tulsa World. If the mail has arrived, I will go through the mail.

At some point in the morning, I usually go to the Salvation Army to walk. I usually walk an hour. During the summer the SA serves as a day care for kids. The time for walking is noon to one while school is out of session.

I enjoy working two puzzles on my tablet. At some time in the day I can be found working to solve "7 Little Words" and "Bonza." Both are word puzzles in which you take word fragments and put them together to form words. I also enjoy playing "Montezuma Blitz."

Lunch is usually a sandwich or leftovers from supper the previous day. We watch the "News on 6" while eating.

In the afternoon, reading (currently reading Human Destiny is to Eliminate Death), playing piano (currently working on "Endless Love," "Ashokan Farewell," "Last Date," "Gabriel's Oboe," and "Planxty"), or napping (ZZZZZZ) is what you will find me doing. At 5:30 pm I always try to watch the NBC "Nightly News." I take my evening meds at this time.

I go out back to check my garden following the news. I have some tomato plants and some cucumbers growing out there.

At 8:00 pm I try to watch "The Rachel Maddow Show." At 10 pm I watch one of the local news programs, usually channel 8.

This is pretty much my daily routine, except for Sundays. On Sundays, church activities consume most of my mornings.

No comments: