Friday, January 02, 2015

Back again from Missouri; tree of knowledge

We got back home from a few days in Missouri. In December, we spent more time in Missouri than Oklahoma. My Dad has not been doing well. He is 92 years old now and his days are growing short. Due to poor circulation in his feet, he has been seeing a wound doctor. Last week (or maybe the week before) he went to an appointment at Mercy Hospital to see the wound doctor. The doctor admitted him to the hospital. He stayed there a few days before going to a skilled nursing facility in Springfield. He has been having pain in both legs and receives periodic treatment for his legs. Both legs are wrapped with an elastic material.

Each year at Church of the Restoration we erect a tree. In addition to the usual ornaments, this year we decorated the tree with miniature book covers. I made the ornaments by bringing up the book from the Amazon web site and printing the image for each selected book (about 2 by 3 inches). I cut out the image after printing it and had it laminated. I punched a hole at the top and attached an ornament hanger. The book I chose was S. I. Hayakawa's Language in Thought and Action. Some of the other selected books were Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Stranger, The Little Prince, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

I have been thinking about goals I would like to achieve in 2015. Next time I post to this blog, I will write about that.

No comments: