Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earthquake rattles Oklahoma

For the moments following 9:06 this morning, an earthquake shook the state. It was felt as far north as Kansas and as far south as Texas.

I recall what I was doing at the time of the quake. I was the first up this morning. I had just put a cup of Maxwell House instant coffee in the microwave for J. We were sitting at the dining room table; J was standing at the microwave. We were chatting about I don't recall what. 9:06 came and 9:06 went, and we did not feel a thing. We sat through the entire quake and did not even notice a thing.

We got out a ran a few errands. When we got back home around 1 pm, I decided to take a nap. I slept until almost 5:30 when J awoke me for the 5:30 pm news.

J is going to make some changes to the way I blog which may result in several of you who read my blog being unable to access it. For some of you, this may be the final blog post from me you will ever read.

No comments: