Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lost souls

I came across these words in a book by Rob Bell, Love Wins: "My wife, Kristen, and I often talk about raising our kids in such a way that they have as little as possible to unlearn later in life."

One has much to learn in life, but there is considerable to unlearn in life also. Is anyone so lucky that all of their major precepts turn out to be correct? I doubt it. You may walk down a path and come to a conclusion that it only leads to a dead end. When you reach that realization, you have to backtrack. Most likely you will have several things to unlearn.

I think we all know what I am talking about. However there are some people who for whatever reason swallow everything they have been taught in an uncritical way. These are the true lost souls.

No comments: