Monday, November 12, 2012

A Visit to Springfield

Since we were gone for several days we had our mail held at the post office.  Since today was a holiday, there was no mail delivery.  I will pick up the mail tomorrow.

Gail and I had our weekly practice today.  We mostly played Christmas music.  Next time we perform we will play "Jingle Bells" and "Still, Still, Still."  We are also working on "Give Thanks."  Some people might find it strange that two atheists would be playing Christmas-oriented music, but we do not let religion get in the way of enjoying music.  We both love to play hymns.

While in Springfield I finished reading The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe.  I read it as part of my participation in the Methodist Book Club.  The group meets tomorrow night, but I will have to miss that meeting.  I plan to attend the Progressive Book Group which meets at my church.  We are reading Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.  We take just a chapter or two per meeting.  It will take us two years to get through the book, at our current rate.

No comments: