Monday, November 19, 2012

The last few days

In the last few days, we attended a lecture at Tulsa Town Hall on Friday morning.  We heard Dr. Andrew Weil, a popular writer and speaker, talk about health and nutrition.  I have started reading his book Healthy Aging on my Kindle.  (I downloaded the free portion -- roughly, the first chapter.) 

Saturday morning I did a volkswalk here in Sand Springs.  The start point was about a mile from the house.  I followed the course which was 3.1 miles in length.

Then that afternoon, I went to the HAT meeting.  I wrote an account of the meeting which is posted on the HAT blog.

That evening Vanessa sent me an e-mail to let me know that Edna, the church pianist, was not feeling well and that I would be needed to play piano at the Sunday service.  So I filled in for Edna this morning.  For the special music,  I played Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No. 3. There were about a dozen people at the service.

No comments: