Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Movie Night and more

We had a movie night at Restoration back on March 29. I believe there were five of us who showed up to watch a movie. The movie starred Peter Falk. The title of the movie was "Checking Out." It was entertaining. Someone suggested we show movies that reflect diversity. I'm not sure the Falk movie did that, but we intend to hold a movie night once a month. I need to see if a movie has been selected for April.

We went to Springfield on the 31st of March and come back on April 2. The next day, April 3, a piano tuner came and tuned my piano. It had been two and a half years since it was last tuned. He charged $115. I am going to have the tuner tune the church piano on the 15th of this month. Gail and I will pay for the tuning. I don't think the church piano has been tuned since I have been attending Restoration, which is about 8 or 10 years.

On Friday, April 4, I drove out to Keystone State Park to check on the YRE the walking club has there. We had 20 walkers for the first quarter of the year. That is not bad considering how cold the winter was.

Last Sunday was Humanist Sunday at Restoration. Our speaker was Marilyn Clarke. The title of her talk was "Permanently Temporary." Gail and I played a piano duet by Robert Vandall titled "Tucson Toccata."

In the past we have had a potluck dinner following the service. This time we served breakfast instead. We will continue with the breakfasts on Humanist Sunday for a while. We had nine people attend the breakfast.

No comments: