Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Recent happenings

On Sunday, April 20, following the service at Restoration, we held our Progressive Book Group meeting. I was pleasently surprised that eight people attended. We are still reading and discussing Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States. We have been on this book for a long time. We read and discuss one chapter a month. The book has 25 chapters. The last chapter we discussed was chapter 16.

Last Tuesday, a week ago from today, we were driving back to Sand Springs from Tulsa and decided to stop at McDonald's for some breakfast. I went through the drive-thru. As I was getting our order, the cup of hot coffee ended up in my lap and ran down my left leg. It was hot enough I got second degree burns from the coffee. We went inside the restaurant and filled out papers on the incident. Then we went to Urgent Care in Sand Springs where I was given some ointment. The only place I got blisters are on my left foot. I took the week off from walking.

Last Monday (yesterday) the Methodist Book Group met at Mazzio's. We ate and talked about The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. Next month we will discuss To Kill A Mockingbird.

No comments: