Saturday, May 03, 2014

AAA to the rescue

Yesterday, J and Ayla wanted to go shopping at Old Navy at Southroads (41st and Yale). I drove them to the store, and since I am not a big shopper, I said I would wait in the car for them. I listened to the classical music station while they shopped. After about 20 minutes I got a call from my dad in Springfield, MO. I turned off the radio while I was on the phone. After we finished speaking, I turned the radio back on, but there was no sound. To see if everything was okay, I turned the key to start the engine. There was no response.

I have been a member of AAA for a long time. I got out my card and gave them a call. Within 30 minutes someone had arrived to give me a jump. The AAA man checked the battery and said it was time for a new one. He had a battery with him and I bought it. He took out the old battery and replaced it with the new one. Soon we were on our way back home. While all this was going on, J and Ayla were shopping at Ross.

I am the speaker tomorrow at Restoration. My subject is the American Civil War, part 2. Gail and I will play two duets: "The Water is Wide," and "Birch Tree Rag."

No comments: