Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We visit the Philbrook

We visited the Philbrook Museum today along with several members of J's Sunday School class. Although the church provided transportation, we opted to drive to the museum ourselves. The traveling exhibit was on streamlined design and how it influenced commercial products of the times.

Following the visit, we all went to Luby's Cafeteria for lunch. The best deal with cafeteria food is at Furr's. It had been a while since I had eaten at Luby's. The food was good, but it was more exepensive than Furr's.

After the evening news, we drove over to the Katy Trail and walked two miles. We went in to the Drug Warehouse store and bought two cans of raisins. (Why? I will explain later.)

A couple days ago, I bought a 40 lb. sack a Miracle Grow potting soil. I finished filling up the topsy-turvy bags with potting soil. One topsy turvy is hanging in the back work room/library/computer room. The other t.t. had been hanging on a clothes line in the garage. When I put the t.t. back on the clothes line, it dropped like a rock to the floor. As you know, the plant grows upside down (out the bottom) from the container. So the first thing that hit the floor was the plant. The weight of the potting soil on top of it, didn't do it any good. I inspected the plant, thinking it might have broken. Seeing no break, I hung it from a more secure spot in the garage. Nevertheless, the plant did not look too good today. I may have to replace it with another.

No comments: