Sunday, December 18, 2011

Solstice Party at Bradleys

This afternoon the HAT group met at the Genealogy Center.  I left the house early to get there early, but when I got on I-44 the traffic was moving at a crawl.  I bailed out on to Highway 75 South.  When I got to 71st St., I exited on to 71st St.  That is the location of the new Tulsa Hills shopping center.  Traffic moved at a snail's pace until I reached Lewis Ave.  By the time I got to the Genealogy Center, I was 15 minutes late for the meeting.  The meeting was in progress.  After the meeting was over I returned home via 21st St and Avery Drive.

This evening we went to the Solstice Party at the Bradleys.  There were 15 to 20 people there.  They had a table full of hors d'oeuvres which I lingered around for quite some time.  We discussed world issues for a while, and then I moved to the piano and played Christmas carols while the others sang.  We played and sang everything from "Jingle Bell Rock" to "Silent Night."  Around 11 pm we filed out of the house and headed for our homes.

No comments: