Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Back from Broken Arrow

We are back home from Broken Arrow.  We left Tuesday afternoon on the BA Expressway.  We soon reached the motel just off the BA where we spent the night.  The first thing we did was drive to the campus of Northeastern State University to see how long it would take.  It takes about a half hour.  We drove back to the motel (a Hampton) and checked in.  For our dinner that evening, we walked over to the Shiloh restaurant.  They were having a Valentine's Day special which we took advantage of.  J had steak; I had talapia.  We both had a dessert and a glass of wine.  J was given a long-stem rose.

For some reason, we both woke up around 3 to 4 in the morning.  It might have been because to AC/heating unit was constantly going on and off throughout the night.  The motel provided a breakfast of scrambled eggs, potatoes, waffles, cereal, and other breakfast items.  After breakfast, we drove over to the campus.  I let J out of the car and went back to the motel for more sleep.  I checked out of the motel around 10:40 and drove to a McAlister's Deli where I bought a couple of chicken sandwiches, chips and iced tea.  Then I drove on to the campus where I met up with J and we had lunch together in the car.

After lunch, J went back to her insurance class (continuing education), and I went to the library.  I sat in the library and read a portion of Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossman's book Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever on my Kindle.  I am reading this book in preparation for a talk which I will be giving at Restoration in March.  I earlier read a book by this pair titled Transcend.  Both books deal with life extension technologies.

We left the NEO campus around 3:30 and was home by 4 pm.

No comments: