Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nick returns from England

Today Nick returned from England, specifically London, where he worked with a client for a week.  We surrendered our grandchildren to Nick and his wife, Jennifer.  We kept them for nine days.  Some of the time we slept here, and some of the time we slept at Nick's house.  We enjoyed watching Nick's large screen TV.  It is about 3' by 5'.  We ate out most of the time.  I lost about four pounds during those nine days.

I went to church today.  It was the first activity that I attended while we kept the grandchildren.  I wanted to annnouce that next Sunday would be Humanist Sunday.  I have made a few notes, but I will try to write out the talk this week.  Normally I select the hymns from the hymnal, but Bill D. suggested we sing "Imagine" and "You'll Never Walk Alone" in place of the traditional hymns.  We had a good size crowd today, 15 or so.  In some churches that would be the size of a Sunday school class, but our Sunday school classs (there's just one) usually runs about four or five. 

Because we kept Luke and Ayla last week, I had to cancel piano duet practice.  Tomorrow will be our last chance to practice "Solace" by Scott Joplin, the special selection for Humanist Sunday.

No comments: