Saturday, November 29, 2014

Back from Springfield again

Here are the highlights from this past week:

On Monday, Gail come over for a two-hour practice session. After that I went to Mark Twain Elementary School where I am a volunteer tutor. I met with my student, a third grade boy, and we practiced reading. The program is called Reading Partners. Volunteers from the community work one-on-one with students who are behind in their reading skills.

On Tuesday we did our usual thing with Luke.

On Wednesday, we drove to Springfield to assist my parents. We spent two nights at the Arbor at the Mall. J had cooked a big Thanksgiving meal at home and transported it in ice chests to Springfield. On Thanksgiving she heated it up and the five of us (Mother, Dad, Paula, J, and myself) enjoyed turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, pecan pie, and probably a few other things I don't recall.

We got back to Sand Springs last night. I was tired, even though it doesn't seem like I did much. I guess it was the driving that fatigued me so. I would never make a long-haul trucker.

My hand is no better than the last time I posted here. I have a trigger finger now on both hands. It is the middle finger on both hands. I am to see a hand surgeon soon.

Tomorrow is Sunday. I don't know what will be done about the stolen air conditioning. Something will have to be done before next summer.

No comments: