Thursday, October 08, 2009

Flu shot

Yesterday we took our Saturn to the dealership for a oil change. We had an appointment for 11:00. Once the car was ready to go, we went looking for the Visiting Nurses Association. It turns out they were in a different building than the last time we were there. They had moved to the Fontana Center, 51st and Memorial. It think this time was the fastest ever, as far as getting in, filling out the form, sitting down for the shot, and getting out.

After we got the shot and were heading for the door, I saw a sign which said "Ask about a vaccination for shingles." So I asked the nurse nearby about the shingles vaccination. She said to me, "You are not eligible. You have to be 60 years old in order to get the shot." Well, that remark made my day. I told her I was 61 years old.

No comments: