Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow falls

We got our first snowfall of the year today. Today was Monday -- the day for our weekly piano duet practice. Gail came over and brought with her a meal for J and myself. We had lemon chicken with scalloped potatoes and jello with mandarin oranges in it. I would say what the occasion for the gift of the dinner was, but I can't do so just now. Anyway it was delicious, cooked by Gail herself. It was sufficient for two meals.

The repairman from the service company came shortly after noon and fixed our washing machine. A part had broken. The part was replaced with a new part -- a circular piece about the size of a silver dollar right at the bottom of the washer in the center.

It was too cold to get out today. I only went out to move the trash cart back to the side of the house. We had blowing snow but very little accumulation. I watched the inauguration ceremonies at the state capitol on TV today.

No comments: