Sunday, January 09, 2011

Time to catch up

It has been several days since I posted my previous blog. I need to get caught up.

Something significant happened this past Wednesday, but J will not let me write about it. So I will move along.

Yesterday, I was washing clothes when all of a sudden the washing machine started making a strange noise. We shut the machine off, and I took the clothes that needed washing to the Prattville Laundromat. Monday we will call a repairman to come fix the washing machine. We have had this machine for several years. It may be time to get a new one.

I finished reading another book on my Kindle tonight: Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas by Ace Collins. I can now move it to my archives. I gave it four out of five stars on http://www.goodreads.com/. It seems I read more books on the Kindle than I do in conventional books. I still have two books on my "To Be Read" shelf on Good Reads. They have been on that shelf for a long time. I need to finish them up.

In addition to reading books on the Kindle, you can also play games. One of my favorite games is "Every Word." In this game, the player is given six or seven letters from which you form as many words as you can. You have to solve the longest word to advance to the next level (10 levels in all). Your score is tallied as you play. My "High Score" is 33,440.

No comments: