Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Events of the day

I am typing this blog on a laptop which we bought just this week.  It will take some getting used to.

At noon, I was at the Tulsa office of Rep. John Sullivan.  I expected a large crowd to be there as we (Tulsa Move On) presented petitions asking the Congressman to support efforts to overturn the Supreme Court ruling on the Citizens United case.  However, we had a poor showing.  Only three people were there: myself and two others.  There were only 303 signatures on the petition.  That was another negative, in my opinion.  If I were running the show (which I'm not), I would insist on having at least a thousand signatures and a representative group of at least six.  As it was, we had racial diversity (one black; two white), but we were all up in years.  I was probably the oldest of the three.  We also had gender diversity (one female; two males).  I felt we made a weak showing.  I did not know what to expect, but we can call it a learning experience.

We spoke with one of Sullivan's office workers.  Sullivan was in DC.  The worker seemed a bit concerned about the Republican primary, which will be held later this month.  We chatted for about 15 minutes and then left.

I next went to Saied's Music Company.  I looked through much of the piano duet music.  They had much that was new since I had last been in the store.  I bought three books of duets: "Jazz, Rags, & Blues for Two," "American Portraits," and "Dances for Two" by Catherine Rollin.  In all -- a dozen new pieces.

There's more to tell, but it's now time for bed.  I will continue tomorrow.

No comments: