Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A visit with the optomitrist

Yesterday I had another practice session with Gail.  We are planning on playing "Original Rags" by Scott Joplin at the next Humanist Sunday service, which will be on July 1.

In the afternoon, I went to my optomitrist to have my vision checked.  I had noticed in the last few months that my distance vision was not as sharp as it used to be.  I have cataracts in both eyes.  It is not something that causes me any problem usually.  When Dr. Riggins told me about the cararacts back in 2010, I didn't know anything was out of the usual.  She sent me to Tulsa, but the clinic in Tulsa will not operate unless you complain.  Since I didn't complain, they didn't operate.

I learned yesterday that my vision has changed since I was in to see Dr. Riggins last November.  I got a new prescription for eyeglasses.  I went to Eye Mart that afternoon to get fitted for glasses.  I will pick up the glasses today.

No comments: