Sunday, July 01, 2012

Recent events

This week we took a trip to Springfield.  We left on Thursday and returned home on Friday.

Saturday morning, I drove to Bixby, a suburb of Tulsa on the south side.  I marched in the Green Corn Festival parade.  It is an annual event.  I was with the John Olson entry in the parade.  Olson is the Democratic candidate for Congress from the First District.  The parade route was fairly short -- less than two miles, I would estimate.  The parade started about 10:00 am and was over by 11:00 am.  His Republican opponent in the contest had an entry in the parade, but was not personally at the parade.

Saturday evening, we went to the Storey residence and had dinner with Glenn and Gail.  After the dinner we all got in my car and we drove to Fellowship Congressional Church to hear the Council Oak Men's Chorale.  If you have never experienced this vocal group, check out their YouTube videos.

Today was Humanist Sunday at Restoration.  Gail and I played "Original Rags" by Scott Joplin as the special music.  Steve Nunn gave the message.

No comments: