Sunday, December 09, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

Earlier this week I took a box of Christmas gifts to the post office and mailed them to Houston for my cousin Vicki.  A few days later I went out and completed shopping for my spouse.  Tonight we attended a Christmas play at the Methodist Church in Sand Springs in which Ayla had the lead role.  Afterwards we all went downstairs for cake and punch.  Gail showed up to give her support for Ayla.

The tree is up along with all 36 ornaments.  Each year we buy a Hallmark ornament for Christmas.  The tree is now heavily laden with ornaments.

My favorite aspect of Christmas is the music.  As a subscriber to BBC Music Magazine, I receive a CD each month along with the magazine.  This month is the Christmas issue, and the accompanying CD is of Christmas choral music.  I am listening to it now as I type this posting.

No comments: