Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Chamber music in Tulsa

Yesterday as I was driving to the Case center to walk, I passed by St. Andrew Lutheran church. I read the message which announced a blood drive from 3 to 8 that day. It was just a little after 3 pm so I decided to change plans and give a unit of blood instead. Sometimes giving a unit of blood can take some time, but the Red Cross was not busy. I got in and out in about an hour.

Later, we met Bill and Jackie Dusenberry at White River Fish Market. Marilyn Clarke was there, too. The five of us had fish dinners. I had the broiled seafood combo, which consisted of scallops, shrimp, and sea bass. Along with that I had potato salad and a green salad.

After we finished eating, we drove over to the Lorton Center for a concert by a string trio. On the program was Piano Trio in D major by Beethoven, Schumann's Phantasiestucke, Op. 88. After the intermission we heard Piano Trio in B major by Brahms. The trio consisted of a piano, a cello, and a violin.

No comments: