Thursday, August 28, 2014

Walking and more

This morning I went walking. With the kids being back in school, I now walk earlier than I have been. When school was out, I walked from noon to 1:00 pm. Now that school is back in session, I walk between 10 and noon. I did my usual three-mile walk today. I am at 297 miles for the year to date. That is 297 miles of dedicated walking.

I have been listening to some new music, that is, music that is new to me. William Bolcom's "Three Ghost Rags" I find quite interesting. Bolcom was born in 1938, and I haven't checked to see if he is still living. His first ghost rag is titled "The Graceful Ghost." Thanks to Scorser.com, I was able to print a copy. It is a bit tricky to play as it begins with five flats and then transitions to six flats and then back to five. Another piece I am working on is titled "Twelth Street Rag." Gail still comes over on Mondays for duet practice. In September, she will be away. I will have to come up with an alternative or play a solo. I am also the speaker that day for the service.

No comments: