Tuesday, August 05, 2014

The last several days...

There is not much to report on here. Last Sunday, I was the lay speakers at Church of the Restoration. The topic of my talk was "Songs of the Civil War." Gail and I provided the special music which was "Battle Cry of Freedom" by George F. Root. There were about 10 people in attendance. The first Sunday of the month is always "Humanist Sunday."

I am currently reading "12 Years a Slave." The book was made into a movie. I have not seen the movie, but I might see if I can rent the DVD. The book is fairly short as books go. I downloaded it to my tablet. The Methodist Book Club is reading this book as one of its next selections. The other selection we are reading is "The Man Without a Country" by Edward Everett Hale. I finished reading it last week. The book club meets again next Monday.

No comments: