Sunday, September 21, 2008

Meetings today

Today I went to church at Church of the Restoration. Patrick Burke was the lay leader for today. Patrick began his talk with a joke, which goes as follows:

A fellow was sentenced to prison. After being processed in, he noticed every once in a while someone would shout out a number and all the inmates would laugh. Upon inquiry, he was told that inside prison there are a limited number of jokes. Instead of telling jokes, each joke has number. An inmate shouts out a number for the joke and the other inmates react.

“81,” cried out one inmate. The other inmates cracked up laughing. “29,” hollered another inmate, and again the place broke out in laughter.

The new inmate decided he would give it a try. “54,” he hollered.

Silence was the only response.

“I don’t get it. What went wrong,” said the inmate.

The other inmate said, “I guess some people just don’t know how to tell a joke.”

*************

Following this meeting, I gave Barbara Frye a ride to Hardesty Library where we hold out HAT meetings. We had 14 there today. I might add some details of the meeting to the HAT blog tomorrow, but as of right now, I need to get some sleep. I’m still exhausted from walking six miles yesterday.

No comments: