Friday, September 26, 2008

Tulsa State Fair

Today we went to the Tulsa State Fair. Even though new parking areas had been built, there were few spaces left by the time we arrived. We had to walk about a quarter mile from where we parked. There was a lot to see and do at the fair. Improvements have been made to the fairground since the last time I went there. I’m not sure when I last went to the fair, but I would guess it has been seven or so years, give or take one or two years. Well, let’s just say it has been 5 to 10 years ago.

I like to sample the food at the fair. The food is overpriced, but what the heck, it’s only once a year. We ate some French Fries made from sweet potatoes, a strawberry smoothie, a funnel cake, kettle corn, and maybe another item of two I have forgotten about.

We did not go for a walk today, but I’m sure we got in our walking at the fair. Many businesses had an area set up promoting their products. There were so many vendors at the fair that I’m sure I did not see them all. But then you can look at only so much of that stuff before your eyes glaze over.

We got back home in time for the evening newscast. I got two pieces of pizza from the fridge and zapped them in the microwave. Tomorrow HAT has a Food & Fellowship meeting at the Royal Dragon.

No comments: