Thursday, September 25, 2008

Piano tuner and Consumer Logic

On Wednesday morning the piano tuner came by and tuned my piano. She worked on the piano for an hour. The fee was $98.

That evening, I went to my drumming circle. We played several rhythms, but we also talked a lot. I would say we spend as much time chatting as we do playing rhythms.

Today I took part in a survey conducted by Consumer Logic. I had to show up at 7:00 am at the Fontana Center. We got started by 7:30. I signed a confidentiality statement and am not allowed to talk about what I heard or did. I can say that it involved current ongoing litigation. We broke for lunch around 11:30 and resumed at 12:30. At a quarter to 5:00 we were dismissed.

We started the day with pastries and juice. For lunch, Jason’s Deli brought in sandwiches. It was a most interesting day. I heard several presentations. The speakers all kept my interest. I was afraid I would get sleepy in the afternoon, but I did not. Perhaps the cool temperature did the trick. We listened to two speakers in the morning and two in the afternoon. There were about 30 of us participating in the survey. At the end we broke into three teams of 10 each and discussed the case. As we left, each of us was given a check for $200. Not a bad day’s pay.

I had time enough to come home, take a shower, eat dinner, and get down to the Central Library at 7:00 pm for my “Reading Shakespeare Aloud” class. Traffic is terrible downtown with the new BOK Center now open. Justin McKean is the leader of the class. Attendance was down from last week. There were, I would guess, 15 people there last week. Tonight there were just nine.

No comments: