Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another trip to Springfield

We got a call from my niece, Becky, who lives in Republic, Monday, informing us that my father was back in the hospital. So we packed the car that evening and got on the road at 5:30 am Tuesday morning. We arrived at St. John around 9:30 (after making a couple of stops on the way). Dad was better by then, and when he talked with his doctor, the doctor said he could go home later on that day.

J. and I had a list of things to buy for my mother and father, so we went shopping at Wal-Mart. After we finished at Wal-Mart, we stopped at Fazoli’s (Italian) and got a couple of fast food items. Next we went by Walgreens to pick up medicine for my Dad. We went back by the apartment and ate our lunch. My parents called saying that Dad was ready to go home. I parked my car, and drove Dad’s car to the hospital. I dropped J. off at the front entrance, and drove over to the West Patient pick up point. After about a half hour of delay, Dad appeared in a wheelchair.

Dad appeared none the worse for this latest ordeal in the hospital. We have certainly seen a lot of the road between Sand Springs and Springfield as of late. Dad was doing so well that we decided to head home this afternoon. Before I left I sat down at the electronic keyboard and played several songs found in a large Fake book of hymns.

No comments: