Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Dinner at Marilyn's

Today I put together a list of needed corrections to the manuscript of the book I am indexing. There were 20 of them. Then I e-mailed it to the author and the production editor at the press.

That afternoon, I went to the TCC Fitness Center and walked. I came home, took a shower and watched the NBC Nightly News.

Marilyn had invited us over to her house in Tulsa for dinner. We had chicken salad on a tomato. Following the meal, we started talking about poetry. Marilyn had a couple of volumes of poetry by Billy Collins, a former poet laureate of the U.S. He is one of my favorite poets. Marilyn asked me to read a poem I have read before -- once to the HAT group and once to the congregation at Restoration. The title of the poem is "Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes" (available online).

When I got home, I checked my e-mail and had a few responses to an e-mail link (sent to me by a friend) which I had forwarded. The link is to a YouTube video. The title of the video is "Why Don't Bees Go To Heaven?" Check it out; you might like it.

No comments: