Friday, July 31, 2009

I've been busy

I've been busy the last several days preparing an index for a book to be published in October. I have been doing nothing lately except sitting at my desk poring over the page proofs and building the index. For us in the age of computers, the task is nowhere as difficult as when the job had to be done using index cards. Another big help is having the book on a PDF file.

I did go out for dinner a couple of days ago at Jamil's Steakhouse. There was a group of ten of us celebrating Adra's birthday. Adra is Jennifer's mother. Jennifer is my son's wife. There was Gary and Adra, Adra's sister Pam. Jennifer and her brother Jon. Nick, Jennifer, Ayla, and Luke rounded out the group. And, of course, J and myself. (I see I have mentioned Jennifer twice. Oh well.)

I had heard of Jamil's ever since I moved to Tulsa back in 1986, but our recent visit was a first. It was a good experience, and I plan to return again. It might be a good candidate for a Food and Fellowship gathering.

No comments: