Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Today's events

Today we went to the First Presbyterian Church for the "Countdown to Easter" program. There were about as many people there as we saw at the service last week at the Catholic Church. The meal, though, was better. The meal consisted of sliced roast beef, a baked potato, salad, and a chocolate chip cookie. Tea was the beverage.

The church has the typical Protestant church look -- a symetrical white building, a steeple, and the whole complex sits high atop a hill overlooking the town. I think the service next week is to be at the Lutheran church.

I phoned the library and got a copy of "I Got a Gal from Kalamazoo." They sent it to me by e-mail, and I printed it here. I might use that piece at Secular Singers this weekend.

Tonight was supposed to be the first in a series of four lectures at the Central Library on reading and literature. However, tonight's lecturer got sick and had to cancel. I just happen to notice a news report on the Tulsa World web site about three hours before the event was scheduled to start.

Tonight we watched lecture number 30 (out of 36) in the series on Philosophy of Religion.

Also tonight I subscribed to the magazine The Nation. It will be delivered wirelessly to my Kindle whenever an issue is published. In the current issue, I read a piece about the retirement of Bill Moyers in April. He will leave a void that will be almost unreplaceable.

No comments: