Saturday, February 26, 2011

Food and Fellowship and Handbell Choirs

Today was the day for the February Food and Fellowship which was held at Asian Cuisine in what used to be a Steak and Ale restaurant. Ten people were there. I had barbecued ribs and rice.

After we left the restaurant, we went to a nearby library to amuse ourselves while waiting for the clock to move closer to 3 pm. At 3 pm we were at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Bixby for a concert by the Tulsa Area Handbell Association. The group played eight songs mostly of a religious nature. Ringers came from 14 area churches. It was the largest gathering of bell ringers I had ever seen. We attended this event because my daughter-in-law was one of the ringers.

After the event was over we stopped at Sonic and ate. I had my usual -- a breakfast burrito with Dr. Pepper.

I continue to recover from the spider bites I received last week. My left ear looks gross. The swelling is down. My earlobe is brown and scaley. I just hope I get back to normal before long with no permanent effect.

No comments: