Thursday, June 11, 2009

All talk and no action

I was talking to my Dad yesterday, and he mentioned that ever since I posted the spirograph on my blog (May 23, I think it was) he has had trouble bringing up my blog on his computer. As soon as he would bring up my blog, his computer would boot him off AOL. I deleted the spirograph and then everything was OK. So I am left wondering if others experienced trouble due to the spirograph. How about some feedback from my regular readers – Marti in Tecumseh, John in Tupelo, and the mystery reader in Cordova, Tennessee?

Since J has your e-mail address blocked, Marti, I will not be able to receive anything from you. But how about you other two? Did the spirograph cause you any difficulties?

Today we took Luke to the kids’ program at Pratt Library. There were some 25 to 30 kids in the room along with at least one parent for each kid. The room was pretty well filled up. Luke is four years old now. He managed to sit through 30 minutes of the program and then became restless. He wanted to leave, so I took him to another part of the library where I read him a book. I checked out a couple of books that caught my eye: 1000 Keyboard Tips published by Mel Bay and Draw Manga by Bruce Lewis. The Keyboard Tips book looks useful. Unfortunately, a previous patron was such a heavy smoker that the book reeks of stale tobacco. The book sells for just under twenty dollars. Perhaps I can buy a copy. The other book is an instructional book on how to draw in the manga style – a style that originated in Japan.

After the program was over, we all went to McDonald’s near the Keystone Expressway. There were a lot of people there today. We got our usual fare, and Luke played in the maze of slides and passageways. We let Luke play for about a half hour, but he is never ready to leave the place. We finally pulled him away from the place and then took him back home.

When we got back home, we worked on the shutters and finished getting them in place. Today’s job was easier than yesterday’s, due to screwing into wood instead of brick.

Next we went to TCC and walked 3.5 miles. I also did 100 reps on the abs machine set at 65 lbs.

When we got home, we watched the NBC Nightly News. Following that, I left for the Zarrow Library where we were to have a working meeting, writing letters to our political representative on behalf of liberal causes. Only one other person showed up, Keith. He did not write a letter. I was the only letter writer. I wrote a letter to our two senators in Washington advocating a single-payer health care system. There is great opposition to single-payer from vested interests in the insurance industry. Wouldn’t it be nice to just bypass the vested interest of the insurance and pharmaceutical industries and do what is right for the American people?

What should I make of the low attendance tonight? The most we have ever had come to a meeting of the Liberal Action Network is four. Are we liberals all talk and no action? That is probably so.

2 comments:

Pastor Galen said...

Danny, I have AOL and I had no problems with your blog and the insert.

Anonymous said...

Bro DJN, I had no issues with your blog my man! JEC