Saturday, June 06, 2009

"Jefferson Davis" spoke tonight

Tonight we went to the fifth and final Chautauqua performance. The speaker was "Jefferson Davis." Now that I am retired, I have time to take in a lot more activities. This year we managed to attend all five of the performances.

Next year's Chautauqua is supposed to also be from the same time period -- the Civil War era. I did not hear who would be the subject of the characterizations. There was no musical performance before the speaker took the podium tonight. We took Ayla, my granddaughter, with us tonight. I don't think she got a lot out of the performance.

Earlier this day we did some yard work in the back yard. I mowed the grass in both the front and back yards. Today, for the first time, I used the bag attachment to our new lawn mower. I am surprised how fast the bag filled up. The worst aspect of the bag is the fact that clippings tend to blow up toward your face. Some of the clippings are very fine and have a tendency to get into your eyes. I finally took the bag off and cut the final few strips in the coventional way -- side discharge.

No comments: