Monday, June 15, 2009

Grocery shopping

We arose early this morning and went to the TCC Fitness Center where I walked three miles. A couple of days ago I changed the music on my MP3. Today I listened to the Labeque sisters (a piano duo) play several pieces. We were back home shortly after nine o’clock. As we were driving home, my cell phone rang. It was Gail, who said she might be few minutes late for our weekly duet practice. She was on an animal rescue mission. We got back home and ate a bowl of cereal. Gail arrived around 10:15, and we played mostly ragtime duets until 11:45, at which time we had to leave to pick up Ayla at her house.

Once we had Ayla, she opted for McDonald’s as her place of choice for lunch. She played in the children’s play area, just as Luke had earlier. Then it was time to go to the library for the story hour. The library was packed today for the performance by a magician. Every parking space was filled. I had to park in a space that was not marked for parking. Yet I did not block any other cars.

We came home following the magic performance. I printed on a piece of paper the words “I would like to see Single Payer National Health Insurance”. The words “Single Payer” are in 72 pt. type. All other words are in 16 pt. type. There is a place for the sender to write his/her name and address. I took the paper to a local copy shop and had 30 copies made. (There are two forms on each sheet.) I was going to have them printed on card stock, but the copy shop said the card stock costs a quarter a sheet. I used regular paper instead.

We did our weekly grocery shopping tonight. It came to $274.30. We were several days overdue on the grocery shopping. We have plenty of food now.

No comments: