Wednesday, June 03, 2009

It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty delta day

Tonight I attended the second session of Chautauqua. The performer, Dr. Michael Hughes, gave a speech as John Ross, a Cherokee Indian Patriot. Prior to the speaker, a band performed.

I need to make a correction to something I wrote previously. I wrote that one of the figures being impersonated was Abraham Lincoln. Actually Lincoln was not on the program, titled “Lincoln’s Legacy of Equality: Voices on the Fringe.” There are five figures on this year’s program: Harriet Tubman, John Ross, Walt Whitman, Frederick Douglas, and Jefferson Davis. Tomorrow night “Walt Whitman” will speak.

Today, we went to Braum’s for breakfast. From there we went to WalMart and bought some stain with which to stain a replacement cabinet door in a bathroom. Next we went to the fitness center, paid the fee for the summer session, and then did our walk. In the afternoon, I took a nap and then watched the news on NBC. Then we left for downtown Tulsa and attended the Chautauqua performance. After returning home, I searched the internet for a sermon by a UU minister. My church has asked me to read a sermon sometime this summer.

No comments: