Sunday, September 06, 2009

Drumming resumes

I went to church this morning. The service was a bit late starting. There was no program printed up for the service, but we looked at an old program for the order of service. Attendance was low. Only the usual suspects were there. Bill, Joy, Mary, Patrick, Edna (the pianist), Rosemary, and myself made up the congregation. Bill was the speaker today. He spoke on reconciliation.

During the candle lighting portion of the service, the congregation is invited to step forward and light a candle and voice a concern or a joy. I think everyone in the congregation today made their way to the candle and spoke a few words.

At 3:30 this afternoon I was at Joe Price’s house for a session of drumming. Drumming resumed today after a hiatus of about of three months. There were three new people there today. I had sent them an e-mail telling them about the drum circle. I was surprised to see all three came. Joe spent most of the time talking about the basics of drumming and answering questions from the newcomers. Marva was there to pick up a book, but she had to leave due to some emergency at home. Joel and Craig had other obligations.

No comments: