Saturday, September 19, 2009

Volkswalking at Wah-Sha-She

Last night Nick indicated he would like to ride with us to the volkswalk at Wah-Sha-She this morning. At 8:00 AM we were at Nick's and picked him up for a trip up to the northern part of the state at Lake Hulah. Wah-Sha-She is a state park on the shore of Lake Hulah, north of Bartlesville, close to the Kansas state line.

Let me back up a few hours and tell you that for lunch yesterday we ate at On The Border, a Mexican restaurant, and then for dinner I ate at Bill Dusenberry's house. (See photo below.) We had Cajun food prepared by Kenny Nipp. So by the time I got back home, I was "spiced out." The spicey food got the better of me for I had to make two trips to the bathroom during the night plus one more as soon as I got up this morning. I was unsure about whether to make the trip, but I apparently had purged myself of the distressing contents I had consumed hours earlier. I made the trip to Lake Hulah all right.

We had been to Lake Hulah some years earlier for a volkswalk. At that time the lake level was quite low. It looked like a different lake today. After the three of us finished the walk we went searching for a geocache. We had to do a bit of climbing to get to it, but it was not hard to spot once we reached the location. We signed the log and headed back to the car. We left the area and drove to Dewey, a town just north of Bartlesville. Arriving in Dewey, we noticed a festival was going on. One cache was located inside the Tom Mix Museum. We found a total of five caches today: four in Dewey and one at Wah-Sha-She.

I had my new camera with me and took several pictures. I may revise this post later to include a picture from the walk. This was walk number 230 for me.

No comments: