Friday, September 18, 2009

Music at the Mansion

Today we went to a concert at the Tulsa Historical Society. I think it was the first time for me to be in the building. The concert was free and I expected for there to be a large crowd, but there were not quite a hundred people there. As we entered the room, we saw a grand piano and a table with various sized flutes and other wind instruments on it. We sat down on the second row. There was an oriental lady next to me reading a paperback copy of The Shack by William P. Young.

Soon the room started filling up. We saw Joy, a member of Church of the Restoration, who sat next to Jan. Right beside her was Gail, my piano duet partner. She sat to Joy’s left.

The music was American from the time of the American Revolution up through the Civil War and later. The flute player also played a fife and piccolo. Also of interest was a display in the mansion concerning the history of the governors of the state of Oklahoma. Also included was information on the first ladies of the state. After we left the mansion, J remarked that the lady playing piano reminded her of Marti.

Coming home we stopped at Wal-Mart where I bought a digital camera. It is a Fujifilm A100 camera. It cost only around $90. I also bought an SD card and some batteries. I plan to use the camera a lot in the future. I will have to shoot some pictures tomorrow to get familiar with the camera.

No comments: