Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A quiet day in the life of Dan Nerren

I have had a good day today. J fixed blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Blueberries are suppposed to be good for cancer prevention.

Gail came over for a couple of hours and we played duets. Some of the pieces we played are: "Cleopha March" by Scott Joplin, a new piece by Melody Bober titled "Rhapsody Grandioso", "Broadway Lights" by Robert D. Vandall, "Moonlit Evening" by Robert D. Vandall, "Birch Tree Rag" and "Irish Air," both by Vandall, and "Oklahoma" by Richard Rodgers. Most of these pieces we played two or three times.

I took an hour nap while J fixed supper. We had a nice supper. We had chicken and dressing, with peas, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans. For desert we had apple fahitas. I watched a little bit of "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann. I also saw some of Rachel Maddow following Olbermann.

I did a little yard work tonight, trimming the grass growing over the driveway.

No comments: