Sunday, January 06, 2013

Playing solo

Last night was Movie Night at the Bradleys.  Gail and I had planned to play a duet on the piano before the movie started.  We had been there about 20 minutes when Gail called on the phone.  Her 90 year-old mother-in-law had fallen.  She managed to reach her phone and called the Storeys.  The Storeys went to her house and took her to the hospital.  She was x-rayed but no broken bones were found.
This morning Gail called again to say that she and Glenn would be spending the day with Ruby.  I took my binder of musical selections that I love to play with me to church.  I played a solo this morning instead of a duet.  I played “Seagull in the Sky” by the French composer Chabon.  I received several complements afterwards.
We had a guest speaker today, Dr. Davis Joyce, a retired history professor who had taught at Tulsa University and East Central University in Ada.  Joyce spoke about historian Howard Zinn.  We are presently studying Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States at Restoration.

No comments: