Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back from Springfield

We made a quick trip to Springfield and are back now. We took Ayla with us. On the way back home we stopped at Chik-Fil-A in Joplin. While there, Ayla played on the playbround equipment inside the building. When we got 50 miles down the interstate highway (at Vinita), Ayla remembered that she had left her shoes back in Joplin. She fretted over losing her shoes for a while. I think Nanna will take her out and buy her a new pair of shoes soon.

Ayla was really impressed by the McDonald's over the highway at Vinita. She was glued to the window watching the traffic go underneath her.

While in Springfield, Ayla and Nanna went to the Children's Museum. It is a hands-on museum near downtown Springfield. I stayed at my parents' apartment while they were in the museum. My back is still giving me problems when I stand or walk for short periods of time.

My mother gave me a few more pictures from years gone by. I will get back to posting pictures tomorrow.

We got back to Sand Springs about a quarter to ten tonight. It is time now to crawl into the sack.

No comments: