Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gardening

Today I went to the Humanist meeting held at the Genealogy Center on Harvard. We got there a few minutes early and went into the library where it was cool. I wrote up what happened at the meeting and for those interested, you can read it at www.tulsaha.blogspot.com.

I was feeling much better today, not out of the woods by any means, but feeling much better. We had to skip the volkswalk in Dewey (just north of Bartlesville) because we had the grandchildren who spent the night with us.

I felt well enough to mow the grass in the front yard. (I mowed the back yesterday.)

I found another worm on my topsy turvy tomato plant today and picked it off and tossed it into the yard. I can see where four small tomatoes are growing on the plant. My cucumbers are getting larger. The pepper is holding its own. My other tomato plants are getting tall, 4 to 5 feet, but no tomatoes yet.

I think that next year instead of planting the plants along the fence (where they are shielded from the morning sun) or the patio (where they are shielded from the afternoon sun), I will plant them in the center of the back yard so they will have full sun.

No comments: