Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daily round-up

Another day comes to and end. I am tired, but I want to make a few remarks about today before hitting the sack.

Attendance at church this morning was 8, I believe. There were six regulars plus two first-time visitors. They were a young couple, and I remember seeing the lady at Movie Night a few months ago. She is a member of the League of Women Voters, and before she had got out the door, Rosemary had a committment from her to speak at a service a couple weeks off.

HAT will be in charge of the service on August 1. Thereafter, HAT will be in charge of the service on the second Sunday of the month.

Following the service today, we all took part in a meal. Lasagna and chicken were the main dishes.

In the afternoon, I went to the Prices for drumming. Joe and Lou are both osteopathic doctors, and I told them about taking the medicine prescribed by my doctor for the pain I have been experiencing in my left leg. Lou said that she had taken that drug before and agreed it was very good. She said it is not habit forming, but I felt so good under its influence I could see using it with regularity. I haven't taken any since the time just recently which I wrote about.

I returned home and watered my garden. My plants are looking good and healthy, but they have yet to bear any fruit. That is, except for my cucumber plants. I have three cucumbers about 3 or 4 inches long. The tomato plants are all flowering, but they have not yet shown any signs of tomatoes.

No comments: