Saturday, July 31, 2010

Late posting

Today I added six people to my e-mail list of freethinkers in the Tulsa area. These are mostly freethinkers, but there was at least one Christian.

I arrived around 3 pm. The tables and tents were already set up. Not long after arriving, a young man came to the table and read the brochure written by Fred Edwords on Humanism. He read with much interest as he was at the table a good ten minutes reading. He was a Christian who was curious about non-believers. He talked to another fellow who had come to the table who was a freethinker, but a person none of us had ever met. Jordan and Andrew had a spirited conversation for the next two hours. Then he spoke with Mary and next with William. I gave him a reference to the web site http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/. When I left the area around 7:30, he was still there talking. I don't know if he was enlightened by anything we said to him or not.

There were two people accompanying a belly dancer playing doumbek and a sword swallower on stilts just in front of our tent.

The first night of the event I took ear plugs with me, but I did not need them. We were far enough away from the stages that the music volume did not reach objectionable levels.

No comments: