Sunday, December 07, 2008

Duets performed

Last evening I did a 5K volkswalk in Jenks. The walk went east on Main Street and then through and around the recently built shopping center on the river. The path crossed under the bridge and went past the aquarium. Then it followed the Creek Turnpike until we reached the railroad tracks. From here we went north until we reached Main Street. I stopped here and took some pictures. (See yesterday’s entry.) In the background you can see the sign for Tedford Insurance Agency. Jan worked here for a few years. As I reached into my jacket pocket to get my camera, I noticed that one of my gloves was missing. I knew I had two gloves when I started. Somehow one came out on the walk. I figured I would never see it again.

After taking a few pictures, we continued on back to the building where the start point was. Inside were all kinds of treats. Meats and crackers and fruit and cakes and cookies, etc. Furthermore, there was a table laden with gifts. Dorothy Brown had purchased several items from the dollar store to give away. Dorothy has a heart of gold.

I was enjoying my plate of food when another walker entered the building. He held in his hand my missing glove. He said the police officer along the route had found it and figured it must belong to one of the walkers. What a stroke of luck!

This morning Jan went with me to Church of the Restoration on North Greenwood Ave. The service was led by Rosemary Powell. Her topic was “’The Spirituals Project’ – History, Value, and Purpose.” I learned that the NAACP has an official anthem which is “Lift Every Voice and Sing.” I don’t recall having heard it before. I think I will introduce it to The Secular Singers next time we meet. Gail and I played two duets, “Sedona Sun” and “Majestic Grand Canyon.” We did well, I thought.

No comments: