Wednesday, December 31, 2008

To Springfield and back

There was a small attendance at church on Sunday morning. The minister spoke on Kwanzaa. He also played the saxophone which the congregation bought for him. Following the church service, I went to the Agora Coffee House for the December Tulsa Atheist Meetup. The attendance there was about twice what it was at Restoration.

I believe we had 18 in attendance. We talked for about two hours on topics related to atheism. After the meeting ended I went to Monterrey's for a burrito.

Monday was a day of much piano playing. First, Gail came over to practice duets with me. Then in the evening Nick came over and he and I played piano duets for about an hour.

On Tuesday, we went to Springfield. On the way there, we stopped at Sandstone Gardens, just over the state line in Missouri. The place is essentially one huge room with interior decor items for sale: paintings, candles, furniture, etc. Once we got to Springfield,we checked in to the motel where we usually stay. For dinner we went to Ryan's.

The next morning we got up and headed back toward Sand Springs. We went straight to Keystone State Park, where I am the volunteer coordinator for the year-round walk. I got the book set up for the new year.

No comments: