Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New music

Tonight I attended the Christmas Eve service at Sand Springs United Methodist Church. It was filled with music, a short talk by the minister, and a communion service. I might have been the only person to sit out the communion. I don’t know; I didn’t want to rubberneck to see what the others in attendance were doing (or not doing).

After the service was over, we went to Nick’s house and opened presents. Nick gave me several piano duet sheet music selections:

(1) Weekley & Arganbright’s Primo Progresses, which includes pieces by Kohler, Diabelli, Reinecke, Gurlitt, and Fuchs.
(2) Themes from Carmen by Georges Bizet
(3) Spotlight on Duets arranged by Bober, Brown, And Olson
(4) Three Sonatinas by Johann Baptist Vanhal
(5) Erik Satie: Pieces a quatre mains
(6) Tchaikovsky: 50 Russian Folk Songs

I am getting so much duet music that it is starting to get hard locating a particular piece when needed. I will probably set up a database with numbers to help me find music that I need. I already have a six-foot high shelf into which I have placed my sheet music by category.

No comments: